Safe-Guard® Return Idler Guard
ASGCO® has long recognized the importance of ensuring safety in the workplace. The ASGCO® Safe-Guard® Return Idler Guard was designed to prevent injuries from pinch points and to catch the return idler if it should fall.
• UV resistant, made from UHMW, will not corrode,
or wear from abrasion.
• Stainless steel pins gives easy access to drop and
open the side of the cage for maintenance.
• Mounting hardware brackets and end plates made
from powder coated A-36 steel.
• Retrofits to most CEMA return idler bolt patterns.
• Universal mounting brackets can be used with
CEMA B, C, D and E idlers up to 4”, 5”, 6” & 7”
in diameter with either 1 ½” to 6” drop brackets.
• Cage provides complete pinch point protection
and catches the roll if it breaks away from
• Stable cage has increased slot sizes, helps prevent
The Safe-Guard® Return Idler Guard is designed to
restrict contact with the return idler while the conveyor
is running. Installation of this guard does not supersede
any other safety procedures of safety practices. Failure
to observe all instructions could result in serious injury.
It is the owner’s responsibility that the owner and
each operator read and be familiar with the ASGCO®
It is the owner’s responsibility to adjust the Safe-Guard®
restricting all contact with the turning idler.
Complies with MSHA Title 30
MSHA accepted # IC-174/3
• 56.14110 Flying or falling material
• 56.14112 Guard Construction
• 56.14107 Moving machine parts
• 75.1722 Mechanical equipment guards
• 77.400 Mechanical equipment guards
Meets OSHA requirements 1910.219 for mechanical
power – transmission apparatus and 56.14107
for moving machine parts.
U.S. Patent #6,138,545