Guaranteed Mine Tough!
The Skalper MDX conveyor belt pre-cleaner is designed for high speed and high tonnage conveyor systems in above ground and underground mining. The heavy-duty urethane blade mounts against the head pulley for efficient conveyor belt cleaning, and our unique torque cam action lever adjusts itself to remove high volumes of carry-back while minimizing blade wear and wear from mechanical fasteners.
Features & Benefits
- Extremely Rugged – Heavy-Duty structural steel, 3/8″ x 3″ diameter square mounting frame with a massive 14″ abrasion resistant urethane blade segments individually adjust to the imperfections in the conveyor belt cover.
- Impact Torque Cam Action – offset mounting tube allows the blade to angle up and into the belt to remove carry-back and as mechanical splices come by the belt cleaner the offset cam allows the mounting tube and blades to move downward away from the belt, therefore improving the life of the belt cleaner blades while not damaging/bending the mounting tubes.
- Spring-Shoc or Air-Shoc – (both are Stainless Steel) dual-tensioning systems are available depending on your bulk material handling application to provide consistent self-adjusting pressure for optimal tension against the conveyor belt.
- Optional – Ceramic (XC) blade available for high speed tonnage conveyor systems.
Maximum Belt Speed – 1200 fpm (6.0 m/sec)
Pulley Diameter – 24″ + (600mm+)
Applications – Underground Mining, Hard Rock Mining, Oil Sands Mining, Metals (copper/gold) Mining, Steel Mills, Iron Ore, Bulk Shipping Terminals
Skalper MDX Part Numbers
Available in all blade types.
Above & Underground Mine-Duty Belt Cleaner
- Impact forces create a torque, rotating the blade away from the head pulley to prevent the mounting tube from bending.
- Torque cam action lever allows the blade to angle into the belt to get rid of carry-back and prevents damage from material impact or mechanical splices.
- Adjustable 6” blade segments provide coverage where it is needed most, on the conveyor belt’s material path, minimizing blade wear.
- Blades are quickly replaced with new ones by removing just 2 bolts per blade segment.