Pipeline Products and Pigs
ASGCO® manufactures quality Pipeline Products and Pigs, particularly for the pipeline and offshore oil and gas industry, as per customer requirement under strict confidentiality agreements with our customers, respecting any and all patents on the products they have designed and given us the opportunity to manufacture. Why Urethane?
Features & Benefits
Pipeline pigs are devices that are inserted into and travel throughout the length of a pipeline driven by a product flow. They were originally developed to remove deposits which could obstruct or retard flow through a pipeline. Today pigs are used during all phases in the life of a pipeline for many different reasons.
Although each pipeline has its own set of characteristics which affect how and why pigging is used, there are basically three reasons to pig a pipeline:
- To batch or separate dissimilar product.
- For displacement purposes.
- For internal inspection.
The pigs which are used to accomplish these tasks can be divided into three categories:
- Utility Pigs – which are used to perform functions such as cleaning, separating, or dewatering.
- In Line Inspection Tools – which provide information on the condition of the line, as well as the extent and location of any problems.
- Gel Pigs – which are used in conjunction with conventional pigs to optimize pipeline dewatering, cleaning, and drying tasks.