Company position informationBack
Mechanical Designer / Engineer
Location: Allentown, PA
ASGCO® Manufacturing, Inc., a world-class manufacturer and supplier of conveyor components,
design, engineering and service provider for bulk material handling industries, has a great
engineering opportunity for someone with great attitude, leadership abilities and willingness
to learn and teach.
ASGCO®’s produces a proprietary line of bulk material handling conveyor components that enhance conveyor productivity, safety and reliability. We are focused on providing solutions for spillage and dust control in load zone transfer points and optimizing overall conveyor performance. Primary target industries include coal mines, coal-fired power plants, metals/minerals, cement and or other hard rock mining.
- Perform functions to identify, conceptualize and design bulk material conveyor transfer system components to meet end user needs. Under general direction:
- Work with Sales and Engineering and Fabrication departments to develop solutions to meet end user bulk material conveyor transfer system needs.
- Develop and maintain CAD skills in software utilized by our organization.
- Ensure necessary details, dimensions and calculations are prepared and accurate applying applicable standards.
- Prepare detail fabrication drawings from the final three dimensional models and ensure completeness of data on prints.
- Experience in reviewing Fabrication details and review extensively prior to fabrication.
- Maintain contacts and good working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Assist Territory Sales Managers with engineering drawings and other technical service.
- Provide AutoCad and other types of engineering product drawings for projects and sales for Distributors and end-user in the territory.
- Assist Territory Managers with Conveyor inspections, Training and Sales as needed in their respected Territories.
- Assist with increasing sales and market share for all of ASGCO®’s Division sales.
- Look to improve our current products and look for new products for us to promote and improve upon.
- Assist with marketing (trade shows, literature, website, and advertisements) and manufacturing departments.
- Be a SAFE and motivated leader / team player
- Domestic and International travel as needed
- Degree in Mechanical Drafting Designer or similar
- At least 5 – 7 years of related experience as a design engineer with responsibility for designing mechanical components of industrial products.
- Recent experience using 3D solid modeling software is required; Inventor experience strongly preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills and experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and building positive customer relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience analyzing technical drawings and section views.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong decision-making ability.
ASGCO® offers a competitive base salary with outstanding bonus potential, vehicle allowance and a progressive benefits package, including 401-K and profit sharing, health care, as well as, an opportunity for professional growth.
This is an opportunity to become part of a very progressive company with tremendous opportunity for growth. If you are interested in employment that will provide you with an exciting work environment and the chance to work with great people, please submit your resume. Please email resume and cover letter to Mary Gooley at email@example.com.
301 Gordon St.
Allentown, PA 18102