Moderate Abrasion Resistant Wear Plate
ASGCO’s® Chromium Carbide Overlay (CCO) Wear Plate is an extra hard clad plate with additives that gives even higher abrasion resistance in high stress applications with moderate to low impact conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Cost effective solution when compared to traditional abrasion-resistant steels
- Recommended for resistance to wear by abrasion, fretting, cavitation, and
particle erosion in high temperature applications (up to 1100°F).
- Ideal for mild to moderate impact abrasion resistance.
- Low maintenance cost and easy installation.
- The overlay surface of CCO plate will consist of a series of beads with numerous
hairline cracks in them. These properly spaced crosscheck cracks are a natural
phenomenon and are beneficial to the material. The cracks propagate through the
overlay and end at the fusion line.
- Cutting – Plasma burning, air arc, abrasive saw or water jet.
- Welding – Our CCO overlay plate can be joined by welding the substrate to substrate using 309 weld wire/rod.
- Bending – Using a press brake, forming should be perpendicular to the weld pass direction.
Plate rolling should be performed in the directions of the overlay beads.
Technical Specifications & Chemical Composition
- Hardness ranges from 58-62 HRC based on weld thickness
- Superior wear resistance
- Optimum solution for most industrial applications