Safety ManagerLocation: Nazareth, PA
ASGCO engineers, manufactures, distributes a wide array of conveyor and screening components, all specifically designed for the above ground and underground mining, aggregate, cement, recycling, bulk shipping terminals, pulp and paper, recycling, food processing and other bulk material handling industries. We focus on providing exceptional products and service to our customers with the best solutions to their conveyor and screening material handling applications.
Work at the corporate office, the Safety Manager monitors and implements all safety procedures and policies.
- Implementing and updating MSDS program.
- Enforcing, amending and monitoring Safety Manual.
- Purchasing all Personal Protective Equipment.
- OSHA annual renewal training and maintenance of files.
- MSHA annual renewal training and maintenance of files.
- Onsite safety monitoring. For high-risk jobs.
- Contractor pre-qualification packets.
- Maintaining on-line certifications and contractor – customer information.
- Reviewing contracts for safety issues.
- Informing all Service personnel of job specific requirements.
- On-site visits and on-site safety audits are a must on a weekly basis
- Leading Safety Committee.
- Reporting and investigating of all WC claims.
- Maintaining relationship with medical providers.
- Reviewing Loss Analysis.
- Maintaining OSHA forms for all locations.
- Updating, reviewing and renewal of all casualty and liability insurance.
- Monitoring of on premise and customer site hazards.
- Implementing and updating all safety policies.
- New Hire Safety training.
- Accident review and investigations.
- Root cause analysis.
- Monitoring of Safety requirements.
- Investigation and arguing of state and federal citations.
- Support of Human Resource Department.
- Coordinating uniform special clothing requirements.
- Maintaining Forklifts
- Reviewing Machinery Inspection/Safety requirements.
- Monitoring contractors on premise.
- Requesting and maintaining Certificates of Insurance.
- Propane cylinders for ASGCO in Nazareth and Allentown
- Dumpster service contract for Nazareth and Allentown.
- Forklift instructing and testing and issuing of license.
- Has waste disposal and recycling.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in safety related field.
- Knowledge of all current OSHA and MSHA requirements.
- Ability to implement and monitor safety issues.
- Able to work with wide range of personnel/positions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to multi-task in a fasted paced environment.
- Risk Management degree or equivalent.
- Frequently exposed to safety hazards.
- Some travel time involved.
- Ability to work in all types of environment.
- Required to work outside of normal business hours.
Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration to: HR@asgco.com
730 Bangor Rd.
Nazareth, PA 18064
COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM !!!