Staff Accountant / Assistant ControllerLocation: Nazareth, PA
ASGCO® engineers, manufactures, distributes a wide array of conveyor and screening components, all specifically designed for the above ground and underground mining, aggregate, cement, bulk shipping terminals, pulp and paper, recycling, food processing and other bulk material handling industries. We focus on providing exceptional products and service to our customers with the best solutions to their conveyor and screening material handling applications. ASGCO helps build America and the World’s Infrastructure.
ASGCO is seeking a Staff Accountant / Assistant Controller with a great positive attitude and excels at working with a team and in conjunction with the Controller and CFO on all accounting functions. Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of public/private accounting firm experience. ASGCO® offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, vacation and paid holidays.
- Preparation of timely and accurate customer billings.
- Maintain underlying accounting system data to ensure invoices are calculated accurately.
- Provide necessary documentation, research, and respond to questions or concerns from customers regarding invoices.
- Ensure accounts receivable and customer records are always up-to-date and accurately reflect invoices, payments, balances, customer information, etc.
- Receive payments through various methods (checks, credit card, ACH, and wire payments) and promptly apply payments to respective customer accounts.
- Work with and provide support to accounts payable supervisor and accounts receivable supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Reconcile key Balance Sheet accounts.
- Review, generate, and tie out various financial reports.
- Analyze and review variances for income statement balances.
- Work with other departments to ensure timeliness and accuracy of month end information.
- Support the month end and year end closing process.
- Prepare, review, upload, and post journal entries and inventory adjustments as required.
- Perform special research and projects for G/L as required.
- Resolve financial questions for departments.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Solid organizational and time management skills to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5+ years recent accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a CPA.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of internal controls.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards World Software, AS400, Crystal reports and Report-writer in JD Edwards.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.