Revolutionary Way To Handle Granular & Particulate Material Handling Problems
ASGCO’s 3-DEM (Discrete Element Methods) is a revolutionary way to handle granular and particulate material handling problems through computer simulation and 3-D CAD for complete transfer point design and fabrication.
Combined with our conveyor and material handling knowledge, engineering capabilities and 3-DEM Chute Design software are able to make transfer point problems a thing of the past.
- Increase Production Capabilities – by helping to eliminate spillage, chute plugging, belt wear, dust control and noise.
- Optimize Life on Conveyor Belt and Components – by minimizing impact and top cover wear by using a soft or curved chute loading design.
- Minimize Material Spillage – in the design by center loading the material, load the material at a uniform rate and optimize the material flow in direction of travel after the belt is fully troughed.
- Reduce the Need for Dust Control and Suppression – by minimizing the dust through loading the material at a uniform rate through a curved of soft loading design, maintain effective skirting, internal wear liners and dust curtains staggered throughout the loading area.
There are ten steps that need to be completed to have a trouble-free transfer point.
- Take current drawings of existing transfer and render them accurately in 3-D CAD.
- Identify chute geometry restriction and manufacturing limitations.
- Identify project goals (i.e. flow restrictions, dust emissions, optimize chute and belt life).
- Identify material properties and develop representative particle description.
- Make design changes to chute geometry.
- Simulate performance using 3-DEMTM Chute Design software.
- Evaluate simulation results and choose the best design that meets the project goals.
- Detail the new design for manufacturing.
- Manufacture the new transfer point including other conveyor components.
- Installation of the new transfer chute and other conveyor components (i.e. belt cleaners, skirting systems and load zone beds or rollers).