- ASGCO Fourthane
- MLT Super Screw
- Conveyor Accessories
- Flexco Mechanical Fasteners
Mechanical Fastener Systems
How to spedify the right fastener:
- Determine belt tension - Most conveyor belting has a mechanical fastener rating, Care should be taken not to operate the belting or fasteners beyond their recommended ratings.
- Measure belt thickness - If fasteners are to be counter-sunk, measure the belt thickness after a portion of the belt cover has been removed. Choose a fastener size which corresponds to belt thickness.
- Measure the diameter of the smallest pulley in your drive - For tail or take-up of the self-cleaning "wing" type pulley, 25% larger diameter dimensions are generally required. Only consider pulleys over which the belt makes at least a 90 wrap.
- Choose the fastener size that is appropriate for your specifications - Consult individual application catalogs to guide your selection.
- Hinged or solid plate? - When either style is appropriate, solid plate styles are preferred for longer life and to prevent sifting. Hinged fasteners are preferred on portable conveyors with smaller pulley diameters.
|Fastener Metals include: Steel, Stainless Steel, MegAlloy®, RustAlloy®, Everdur, and Promal.